- Re-establishing Metro Water connection to the University (after a gap of a decade)
- Provided 500 KVA additional capacity of electricity connection to the University.
- Laid road at the entrance, western side, eastern side and backside within the University Campus.
- Land Scaping (gardening) work in front of the Administrative Building.
- Anti flaming work in the main entrance to avoid skidding.
- Creation of 4 new Reception & Enquiry Counters in Ground Floor.
- Provided Work Stations in all wings/sections (Affiliation, Establishment, Stores, Examination, Academic, Finance Wings and Students Welfare, University Co-ordinator Section, Computer Section etc.
- Provided Name Boards for all Officers/sections in all floors in the University.
- Creation of Valuation Halls by providing partitions in 5th Floor with air-conditioning facility and vertified flooring.
- Purchase of computers and printers for all the staff and Net-working of University Departments / Sections (E-Governance).
- Disposal of Waste Papers and condemned articles which were lying for more than a year.
- Appointment of 3 new Standing Counsels for redressal of all legal issues.( Mr. Srinivasan, Mr. Saravanan and Mr. Cheran)
- Appointment of I.T. Consultant (Dr.Sumanth Raman) & Financial Consultant (Mr.Selva Ganesh) for the University.
- Providing Letters with LOGO in the entrance arch of the University.
- Donation of Old Books to Madras University for use in the Perarignar Anna Centenary Library, Chennai.
- Introduction of biometric system for attendance purpose for all officers and Staff of the university.
- The two lifts which were installed about 15 years back have been replaced with two new lifts.
- Provided Air-Condition facilities to all officers including Deputy Registrars / Assistant Registrars, all Heads of Departments.
- Provided Own Books Reading Hall (A/c & Non-A/c) to the students, with separate toilet facilities.
- Provided tables and chairs for group discussion by the students within the campus in the garden area.
- Renovated Senate Hall and provided centralised A/c and audio visual equipments.
- Dummy rooms provided for each course. ( Medical / Dental /Indian Medicine & Homoeopathy and Allied Health Sciences).
- Provided Projector in the Lecture Hall in Epidemiology Department.
- Celebration and award of Best Teachers, Life Time Achievement Awards on eminent personalities in their respective fields on the following days
- Dentist Day on 6th March, 2011
- AYUSH Day on 2nd April, 2011
- Nurses (Florence Nightingale) Day on 12th May 2011
- Doctor’s Day & University Day on 1st July, 2011
- Teacher’s Day on 5th September, 2011
- Physiotherapists Day on 8th September 2011
- Pharmacy Day on 27th November, 2011
- Selection of Best Staff in each category in the University and awarded “Best Staff Award” in each category in the University Day.
- The University has sanctioned scales of pay on par with University of Madras to the Administrative Staff as approved by the Finance Committee and Governing Council with effect from 1st January 2010.
- The long pending demand of ministerial staff (for more than 20 years) for pay parity and nomenclature with their counter parts of University of Madras has been sanctioned. The assent of His Excellency the Governor-Chancellor to the amendments to Service Statutes regarding revision of classification of employees, nomenclature and scale of pay and allowances w.e.f. 1.1.2006 with monetary benefit from 1-1-2010 has been obtained.
- Collected arrears of rent due from 1997 onwards (Rs.18.16 Lakhs) from the Indian Overseas Bank functioning within the campus of this University.
- University Administrative Expenses Fee (Rs. 3.15 Crores) due from the affiliated institutions was collected in 1 ½ years.
- Car park facility upgraded and expanded for all four and two wheelers of Officers and Staff of the University, visitors & students.
- Concrete Blocks around the administrative building and Own Books Reading Hall have been fixed to avoid snakes and other insects coming to the university buildings and own books reading hall.
- Landscape has been created inside the main and rear side of the University building. (Island space in the administrative block)
- For the benefit of all students, two Convocations are conducted every year to shorten waiting time for issue of Degree Certificates.
- The roof of the University building made water proof to stop seepage of water.
- The University has sanctioned scales of pay to the Professors, Reader, Lecturers working in various departments of this University on par with their counterparts in the Department of Medical Education, Government of Tamil Nadu as approved by Finance Committee and Governing Council.
- The nomenclature of Readers and Lecturers has been changed as Associate Professors/Readers and Assistant Professors/Lecturers.
- University Souvenir Centre has been established and T. Shirts, Caps, Paper Weights, Key Chains etc. with University Logo are displayed near the reception counter in the University for sale to the public on a nominal price.
- First Aid Centre and Dispensary has been started in the University with essential Medicines. University Medical Officer is posted on rotation basis every day in the evenings with a Staff Nurse to take care of health of staff of the University.
- For the first time in the history of any Medical University in India, in recognition of the quality Management System, the International Organization for Standardization has conferred ISO 9001:2008 Certification on the University. The scope of activities covered under this Certification is provision of Medical Education Services and Regulating Medical Colleges and Allied Educational Services.
- Modernized Conference table with Chairs have been provided in the Governing Council Meeting Hall to change the ambience of the hall.
- The construction activities for construction of Silver Jubilee Year Block (Guest House and Auditorium) have been started through P.W.D. The work is expected to be completed on or before 30.9.2012.
- The construction activities for construction of Fourth and Fifth floor on the rear side of the Administrative Block have been started through P.W.D. The work is expected to be completed on or before 30.9.2012.
- Due to persistent efforts, dues from the Govt. Medical Colleges to the tune of Rs.1,53,30,000/-(One Crore Fifty Three Lakhs Thirty Thousand) pending for a long time, say a decade, have been collected (MMC, Madurai Rs.17,40,000/-; KAPV, Trichy, Rs.15,50,000/-; TMC, Thoothukudi, Rs.8,40,000/-; TMC, Thanjavur, Rs.10,60,000/-; KMC, Chennai, Rs.13,40,000/-; CMC, Chengalpet, Rs.9,60,000/-. Stanley Medical College, Chennai - Rs. 53,20,000/-; Govt. Mohan Kumaramangalam Medical College, Salem - Rs. 25,20,000/- )
- On the Civil Suit filed by this Medical University, the Hon. High Court, Madras have decreed restraining Dr. M.G.R Educational and Research Institution, Maduravoyal Chennai from calling themselves as Dr. M.G.R Deemed University (or) Dr. M.G.R University (or) in any manner using any other name similar (or) deceptively similar to the name of this Medical University (Judgement dated. 13.10.2011 on O.S No. 13515 / 10)
- The e-governance on Stores Management System has been introduced and launched on 2.4.2012. This is a transparent system whereby the items received, issued and available category – wise can be assessed at any point of time.
First AID / DISPENSARY (Report)
- First AID & Dispensary was initiated on 26/04/11.
- A room was allotted for dispensary in ground floor. Each Medical officer was posted as duty medical officer of The TN Dr.MGR Medical University each day between 4 p.m to 5 p.m. The medicines were purchased through stores section and given free of cost to the staffs of the University at the Dispensary.
This table shows data of staffs who attended the Dispensary
No. times staffs attended the OP
|Total no of staffs attended dispensary||1053|
|24 yrs – 55 yrs||Male- 559|
|Female - 494|
|Complaints attended||No of cases|
|Checking blood pressure||301|
|Others(Fever, myalgia, cellulitis,sprain, gastritis,diarrhoea etc.)||48|