Family Medicine Course - Distance Education Programme
Family Medicine Course - (Two Years) Distance Education Programme (Not approved by MCI)
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to M.Med. (Family Medicine) Course as Distance Education Programme for two years for the academic Year 2015-2016.
Last date for receipt of application is extended up to 6th July 2015.
- No. of seats available – 100 per year
- Eligibility - MBBS from an MCI recognised University.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have completed their MBBS before 1990
Instructions to candidates
- The application can be downloaded from the official website of The Tamilnadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai, www.tnmgrmu.ac.in and click on “Courses” then “Distance Education Programme” (Period: May month).
- The duly filled in applications with enclosures along with D.D for Rs.1000/- drawn in favour of "The Registrar, The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai" or through NEFT/ RTGS payment. It should be sent to "The Registrar, The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai" and superscribe on the envelope, M.Med. (Family Medicine) Course - Distance Education Programme".
Enclosure with the application need to be attached
- Attested xerox copies of the following
- MBBS Degree Certificate
- CRRI Completion Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Eligibility Certificate (if applicable) from the Tamil Nadu Dr. M G R Medical University
- Medical Council Registration Certificate
- Community Certificate
- Age Proof
Selection done by University
- List of selected candidates will be notified in the University website.
Schedule of classes : Seminar / Contact classes (90% Attendance Compulsory)
- 1st Friday of every month – 12 contact classes per year.
- Fore Noon Session - Clinical Class - 9.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon – In any of the city Medical Colleges at Chennai.
- Afternoon Session - Theory Class = 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m. - at the University Premises.
- Examination - End of the Second Year (Theory/Clinical).