Name & Designation
Research Officer (Non-Medical) Gr -II
Profile - Education
M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D. (Biochemistry)
· Biochemist in Lady Willington Hospital,Chennai for 2 years (1992-1994).
· Senior Biochemist in Malar Hospital, Chennai for 6 years(1994-2000).
· Joined as Technician in the Department of Experimental Medicine of The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai from 2000 -2015.
· Research Officer (Non-Medical) Gr II in the Department of Experimental Medicine of The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai from 2015 till date.
Indian Association of Medical Microbiology -Membership No 2427
· Metabolic abnormalities (diabetes and Lipodystrophy) in HIV Positive Patients receiving Antiretroviral Therapy
· Prevalence of high risk Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) infection in women
- Jacob M. S,Durairaj A,Vijayakumari J, Srijayanth P, Sivakumar M.R.(2011) De- tection of HIV drug resistance mutations in pregnant women receiving single dose Nevirapine in south India. Indian Journal of Pathology and Microbiology, 54(2):359-61.
- Anitha D,Mini Jacob S, Ganesan, A, Mary Sushi, K.(2011) Diagnosis of HIV-1 infection in infants using dried blood spots in Tamil Nadu, South India. Indian Journal of Sexually Transmitted Diseases and AIDS, 32(2): 99-102.
- GanesanArumugam, S Mini Jacob, D Anitha,SivakumarMampakkamRajappa. (2011) Occurrence of leptospirosis among suspected cases in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Indian Journal of Pathology and Microbiology, 54(1):100-2.
- D.Anitha, P.Sumathi, S.Mini Jacob. (2012) Comparative study of venous liquid blood and dried blood for HIV infection in infants. International Journal of Bio- logical & Medical Research, 3(1): 1369-1372.
- Saramma Mini Jacob, SivasankaranPremkumar, Ravi Rajkumar, DurairajAnitha, Kamala Mary Sushi, GanesanArumugam. (2013) Comparison of HIV-1 DNA PCR results obtained from fresh and stored dried blood spots of HIV- 1 exposed infants. Innovative Journal of Medical and Health Science 3 (1): 29 – 31.
- D.Anitha, SM. Jacob. (2013) Comparison of results obtained with different vol- umes of whole blood in human immunodeficiency virus-1 deoxyribonucleic acid polymerase chain reaction technique. Indian Journal of Medical Microbiology, 31(4):417-8.
- K.Mary Sushi, K.Sivasangeetha, A.Suresh Kumar, PandiShastri, A.Ganesan, D.Anitha, G.Thatchinamoorthy, S.Mini Jacob. (2014) Seroprevalence of Lep- tospirosis, Enteric fever and Dengue in patients with acute febrile illness in Tamil Nadu, India. Indian Journal of Basic and Applied Medical Research 3 (2): 615- 623.
- S. M. Jacob, K. Sivasangeetha, K. M. Sushi, G. Thatchinamoorthy,D.Anitha and A. Ganesan. (2015) Health Education Program on Leptospirosis among College Students in Chennai, South India. International Journal of Tropical Disease and Health. 7(4): 172-177.
- ArumugamGanesan, Saramma Mini Jacob, S Baskaran, K. Sivasangeetha, K. Mary Sushi,D.Anitha. (2015) Assessment of Modified Immunofluorescent Tech- nique for Detection of Human Leptospirosis in Febrile Patients in Chennai, India. Open Forum Infectious Diseases. 2 (suppl_1), 1732.
- Jacob SM,Gopal T, Kanagasabai S, Durairaj A, Sushi KM, Arumugam G. (2015) Herpes simplex virus 2 infection in HIV-seropositive individuals in Tamil Nadu, India. International Journal of Medical Science and Public Health. 4 (3): 404-407.
- Kamala Mary Sushi, S Geethalakshmi, K Sivasangeetha, S Mini Jacob, GopalThatchinamoorthy, D Anitha, A Ganesan, G Pachiyappan,P. Gowthami. (2016) Social Responsibility leads the way for leadership and engagement of Col- lege Students on effective and sustainable HIV responses. Open Forum Infectious Diseases. 3 (suppl_1), 2280.
- SM Jacob, K Sivasangeetha, D Anitha, G Dhavamani (2017) Use of Contracep- tion among Women Living with HIV in Chennai, South India. International Jour- nal of Pharma Research and Health Sciences.5(4): 1785-88
· Attended the Application of PCR Techniques in Molecular Diagnosis at Trichy Medical College from 16/9/13 to 17/9/13
· HIV UPDATE 2014 on 10th July, 2014
· HIV UPDATE 2015 on 8th October 2015
· Presented Poster on 5th International Workshop on HIV & Women, 21-22 Febru- ary 2015, Seattle, USA.
· Presented Poster on 11th International Workshop on Co- infection HIV & Hepati- tis, 11-12 June, 2015 at London, UK.
· Attended the British Medical Journal (BMJ) Conclave 2016, Chennai on 19/8/16
· Training on using the colour coded bins as per Biomedical Waste Management 2016 guidelines conducted by G.J MulticlavePvt Ltd. on 20/4/17.
· Seminar on Bio-Medical Waste Management 2016 guidelines on 28th June 2017
· Seminar on National Ethical Guidelines for Biomedical and Health Research in- volving Human Participants-ICMR 2017 Guidelines.
· Seminar on Total Quality Management in Clinical Laboratory Practices in Cancer Institute on 21st April 2018
· Workshop on QC Practices in Clinical Laboratory, Chennaion 6thJuly 2018