The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai
Department of Epidemiology
1. Srinivas G et al. Operational cost for management of leprosy-related complicated ulcer in charitable hospitals, Leprosy Review. 2015; 86, 283-287.
2. Vivek Lal, Srinivas G. A study to assess the usage of MCR footwear in West Bengal, India, Leprosy Review. 2015; 86, 273-277
3. Srinivas G. “What the Parents Should Know While Their Child is on MDT? : Insights from a Qualitative Study in Eastern India” , Leprosy Review. 2014, 85; 81-84
4. Harsha T, Aisha J, Govindarajulu Srinivas. Two-year impacts on employment and income among adults receiving antiretroviral therapy in Tamil Nadu, India: a cohort study. AIDS. 2011. Volume 255 (2): 239
5. Srinivas G, –246. The use of personal protection measures against malaria in an urban population. Public Health. 2005; 119(5):415-7.
6. Srinivas G, Suresh E, Jagadeesan M, Amalraj E, Manjula D. Treatment seeking behavior and compliance of Diabetic patients in a rural area of south India. Ann.N.Y.Acad.Sci.958: 420-422.
7. Anandakannan K, Srinivas G. Recent trends in Medical Informatics. Tamilnadu Ophthalmic Journal. 2001; Mar: 9-11.
8. Srinivas G. Feedback given by undergraduate medical students after a teaching session: Does it carry any, meaning? Bulletin of NTTC. 2001; 8(1):05-06
9. Srinivas G, Rajalakshmi A, Nalini A, Anandakannan K. Medical faculties and students perception on tele education sessions in the largest medical university in India. International Journal of Health Care Engineering. 2001; 9(4):358
10. Ganesan A,, Mini Jacob S , Arvind Selvin Kumar R , Padmaraj R , Anandan B , Sambantham S , Balakrishnan D1 , Sundaram A , Krishnakumar S , Valarmathi S , Geethalakshmi S , Venkataraman P,” Identification Of Functional Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms Of Multidrug Resistance Gene-1 Among Nephrotic Syndrome Children In South India”
11. B.Meenakshi , Chitraa R. Chandran , T.R.Aravindhan , Niranjali Devaraj , Rama K.V . Valarmathi S,” A Comparative Study on the Levels of Alkaline Phosphatase and Trace Elements in Gingival Crevicular Fluid and Serum of Periodontitis and Gingivitis Patients with Healthy Population” IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences (IOSR-JDMS) e-ISSN: 2279-0853, p-ISSN: 2279-0861.Volume 16, Issue 1 Ver. VI (January. 2017), PP 14-17 www.iosrjournals.org
12. Chinnaiyan Ponnuraja , Babu C Lakshmanan , Valarmathi Srinivasan,” Performance Accuracy between Classifiers in Sustain of Disease Conversion for Clinical Trial Tuberculosis Data: Data Mining Approach” IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences (IOSR-JDMS) e-ISSN: 2279-0853, p-ISSN: 2279-0861.Volume 15, Issue 4 Ver. I (Apr. 2016), PP 105-111.
13. Mathew Chalakuzhiyl-Abraham, Maller Sudhakara V, Maller Udita S, Maheshwaran M, Valarmathi S, Karrunakaran B ,” Evaluation of awareness among dentists about magnetic resonance imaging and their interactions with restorative dental materials: A survey among dentists in three districts of Tamilnadu” Journal of Indian Academy dental specialist researchers. 2016 | Volume: 3 | Issue Number: 1 | Page: 6-9.
14. Ramachandran Kalpana, Prasanth K, Dhanavelu P, Arumugam G. A rare case of submandibular lymphadenopathy due to pediculosis pubis infestation of facial hair: A case report.Ann Trop Med Public Health 2015;8:128-131. -Pub med indexed journal.
15. Malikas M. S. D, Prasanth B. K, Valarmathy S. Evaluation of Physical Stress Among HIV Seropositive Discordant Couples Undergoing ART. Biomed Pharmacol J 2015;8(October Spl Edition)
16. Krishna Prasanth B, Deva Malika MS, Valarmathy S, Babu NA, Koshy JM,” Distribution of Oral Manifestation among HIV Patients Attending Art Centers in Chennai Journal of Infectious disease and therapy, ISSN:2332-0877 JIDT, an open access journal Volume 4 • Issue 2 • 1000272
17. Ponnuraja C, Babu C Lakshmanan, Valarmathi S “ Data Mining with Decision Tree to Evaluate the Pattern on Effectiveness of Treatment for Pulmonary Tuberculosis: A Clustering and Classification Techniques “,Scientific Research Journal (SCIRJ), Volume III, Issue VI, June 2015 ISSN 2201-2796.
18. Sambamurthy Padmavathi, S.Valarmathi, R. Mirnalini, “A New Marketing Strategy -' A study on the influence of Age and Earning Capacity of the Urban Middle class Consumers' towards online shopping” Strategies for Mangement in Modern Era" ISBN: 978-93-85640-03-2 , 2015, Archers and Elevators Publing House,
19. Valarmathi S, Babu C Lakshmanan,Ponnuraja C, An Overview on the Complement of Kaplan-Meir Estimation and Cumulative Incidence Estimation in the Presence of Competing Risks_Simulation Approach, Internation Scientific Research Journal, Open Access Journal,www.irj.science-ISSN 2412-026X
20. Valarmathi S, Babu C Lakshmanan,Ponnuraja C, Competing Risks Cox Proportional Hazards Model Through Cause Specific Andsub-Distributional Hazards: A Model Comparison”, International Journal of Advanced Research (2015), Volume 3, Issue 6, 583-588, ISSN2320-5407
21. Valarmathi.S, Ponnuraja C, Jhansi Charles. “Descriptive overview on the basic concepts of Survival Analysis”, Shasun Knowlege Economy, VOLUME 5, Issue 9, March 2015, ISSSN 2231-2854,
22. Dr.Jhansi Charles,Dr.S.Kalpana, L.Joseph Stephen Max, Dr.D.Shantharam, A Cross Sectional Study On Domain Based Evaluation Of Medical Students At The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R.Medical University-A SuccessIOSR Journal of Research & Method in Education (IOSR-JRME)7388,p-ISSN: 2320–737X Volume 4, Issue 4 Ver. IV (Jul-Aug. 2014), PP 33-36'
23. Leo Alexander T, Pari Dayal L, Valarmathi.S, Ponnuraja C, Venkatesan P,” Bayesian Frailty Model for Time to Event Breast Cancer Data Indian journal of Applied Research, Volume 4, issue 2, Feb 2014, ISSN-2249-555x
24. S.Valarmathi ,K.Kanimozhi,S.Kalpana , Parameswari Srijayanth1 , Jasmine S Sundar, Joseph Maria Adaikalam, D.Shantharam,” Quality enhancement in health research using biostatistics”, IOSR Journal of Research & Method in Education (IOSR-JRME) e-ISSN: 2320–7388,p-ISSN: 2320–737X , Volume 4, Issue 1 Ver. I (Feb. 2014)
25. Jasmine S Sundar, Joseph Maria Adaikalam S, Parameswari S, Valarmarthi S Kalpana S, and Shantharam D Prevalence and Determinants of Hypertension among Urban School Children in the Age Group of 13- 17 Years in, Chennai, Tamilnadu, Epidemiology, 2013, 013, 3:3,
26. Vivekanandhan Aravindhan, Viswanathan Mohan, Haridas Madhumitha, Srinivasan Valarmathi, Subash Babu, “Increased levels of endotoxin core antibodies and decreased levels of sCD14 indicate chronic endotoxemia in coronary artery disease (CURES-127) -Journal of Clinical & Experimental Cardiology
27. R.Priyadarshini, Jasmine S Sundar, Kalpana. S, Valarmathi. S, Parameswari Srijayanth, Impact of media on the physical health of urban school children of age group 11-17yrs in Chennai -A cross sectional study, Journal Of Humanities And Social Science ,Volume 9, Issue 5 (Mar. -Apr. 2013), PP30-35
28. S.Kalpana, S. Prabha C*,V.Kumarasamy* and Manjula Datta,Patterns of cytokine Response in BCG vaccinated and Non-vaccinated children in the age group of 5-8 yrs in Chennai Central European Journal of Experimental Biology, 2012, 1 (4):134-141
29. S.T.Radhiga, S.Kalpana*, Selvakumar and Mayil Vahanan Natarajan4Evaluation of Deferral Causes Among Voluntary Blood Donors in Chennai –A Retrospective Study , International Journal of Medical and Health Sciences, January 2013,Vol-2;Issue-1
30. Premaltha T,Valarmathi S, Srijayanth P, Sundar JS and Kalpana S (2012), Prevalence of anemia and its associated factors among adolescent school girls in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India, Epidemiology 2:118 doi10.4172/2161-1165.1000118
31. Kalpana S, Prabha C, Kumarasamy V, Manjula Datta, Invitro cytokine response in BCG vaccinated and non-vaccinated children, J Microbiology and Biotechnology Research 2012,2(5): 828-831
32. S. Kalpana, Jasmine S. Sundar, S. Parameshwari, P. Kuganantham, Jerard Maria Selvam, Ms. S. Valarmathi1, Manjula Datta, Isolation and Identification of Group A Streptococcal Infection Among Slum Children in the Age Group of 5-15 Years in Chennai - One Year Prospective Study, Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences Volume 2, Issue 1 (July-August 2012), PP 27-30
33. Magesh mugundan murugan1, renuka alagirisamy2*, sharmilaManokaran1, anandhan balakrishnan3 and Valarmathi Sundaresen The role of paraoxonase activity and (q/r192) polymorphism in Coronary artery disease, International Journal of Integrative sciences, Innovation and Technology(A Peer Review E-3 Journal of Science Innovation Technology) EISSN – 2278 – 1145
34. Jogikalmat Krithikadatta, Valarmathi Srinivasan, “Research Methodology in dentistry: Part II – The relevance statistics in research Journal of Conservative Denistry, July-September 2012 Volume 15 | Issue 3 Page Nos. 201-306
35. S.T.Radhiga, P.Arumugam, S.Kalpana and Mayil Vahanan Natarajan3 Patterns of Transfusion Transmitted Infection in Past Ten Years Among Voluntary Blood Donors In Chennai- A Cross Sectional Study, IOSR Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences Volume 2, Issue 1 (July-August 2012), PP 01-04
36. K.S.uma, mini jacob, ganesh arumugam and S.Kalpana, Mayilvahanan natarajan, In vitro antimicrobial activity of the siddha drugs seenthil sarkarai and nilavembu kudineer against leptospira, International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences 2012,Vol 4, Suppl
37. Jerard M Selvvam, Paremeswari .S, Mini Jacob, Valarmathi.S, Vijayakumari JJ Mayil Vahanan Natarajan, Epidemiological Profile of HIV Positive Pregnant Women Attending PPTCT Centre at Nammakkal, Tamil Nadu (2008-2009) , IAS Pathogenesis conference Rome CDA-054 2.
38. Paremeswari .S, Sadhana, Mini Jacob, Jerard M Selvvam, N. Kabilan, Valarmathi.S, Mayil Vahanan Natarajan, To Assess the adherence of ART prophylaxis among HIV seropisitive pregnant women attending PPTCT/ART Chennai, Jan- Dec.2010 , IAS Pathogenesis conference Rome CDA-054
39. Ramachandran G, Charles kanagam Christopher, Kalpana S ,Antimicrobial activity of p-toluene sulfonate compounds, Indian Journal of Applied Microbiology,2009
40. Kalpana S, Kumarasamy V, Prabha C, Manjula Datta,C Paper accepted for oral presentation on “Th1 cytokine pattern in BCG vaccinated and non-vaccinated Children”,36th union world conference on lung health 18-22 ,2005 Paris,2008.
41. Kalpana S, Kumarasamy V, Prabha C, Manjula Datta,Environmental Mycrobacteria and BCG vaccination, Published in Recent trends in Biological Methods, 2009.
42. Kalpana S, Kumarasamy V, Prabha C, Manjula Datta, IFN-gamma and TNF-alpha level in BCG vaccinated and Non-vaccinated Children, International conference on Tuberculosis and lung diseases, Abstract 129,Durban,South Africa ,2008.
43. Kalpana S, and Manjula Datta, Prevalence of HIV among Multidrug resistant tuberculosis, International conference on HIV/AIDS, Abstract:B11788, Tailand. 2007.
44. Kalpana S and Manjula Datta Multi drug Resistant Tuberculosis –IndiaCLEN conference,Tiruvandrum.2007
45. Kalpana S, Chinna Durai S, Manjula Datta, Culture positivity among smearLEN global Meeting, 2003, Kunming, China.
46. Kalpana S, Manjula Datta, Stigma in tuberculosis, Published in Book on Medical sociology-2002
47. Kalpana S, Manjula Datta Prevalence of Malaria among Pyrexia of Unknown Origin cases, Sri Dorapji Tata Centre for research in Tropical Diseases, Indian Institute of Science, Banglore, 2001.
48. Samuel N.M., Kalpana S. Viswanath R., et al Estimation of CD4 and CD8 in Normals, HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis patients, Journal of AIDS,1997.
49. Kalpana S, Jeyakar paul, Deivanayagam C N, Raja D, Samuel N M. Prevalence of HIV-2 Infection in South India. First International Conference on AIDS INDIA 2000, 1997.
50. Sumathy G, Muthusethupathy, Vijayakumar, Kalpana S, Suguna ,Serodiagnosis of Leptospirosis: A Madras study. Indian J Med Microbiol 1995;13:192-5.
51. Kalpana S, Samuel N.M, Serodiagnosis of Leptospirosis by Microscopic Agglutination test ,IAMM XX National Congress Agra 1996.
52. Viswanath R, Kalpana S, Samuel N M, Is Blood Safe , International Conference on AIDS India 2000,1996
53. Kalpana S, Jeyapal S Estimation of ATP in Mycobacterium smegmatis and M.pheli by lumiometer.IAMM Conference1994.
54. Kumarasamy N, Suniti Solomon, Jayaker SA, Edwin Amalraj R and Sridhar S: NEUROLOGICAL MANIFESTATION IN AIDS PATIENTS IN SOUTH
55. Suniti Solomon, Kumarasamy N, Edwin Amalraj R and Ganesh AK: PREVALENCE AND RISK FACTORS OF HIV-1 AND HIV-2 INFECTION IN URBAN AND RURAL AREAS OF TAMILNADU, INDIA, Int J STD and AIDS 1998; vol 9(1): 98-103
56. Sowmya Swaminathan, Umadevi P., Shantha S., Radha Krishnan A., and Manjula Datta, 1998 : Serodiagnosis of tuberculosis in children : an evaluation of two kits. Indian Journal of Paediatrics.
57. Manjula Datta, 1999 : Review: Killed Whole cell vaccines prevent Cholera for two years. Evidence Based Medicine 4, 2: p 42.
58. Tuberculosis Research Centre 1999 Trial of BCG in the prevention of Tuberculosis, Indian Journal of Medical Research.
59. Edwin Amalraj R and Raja D. Attitudes of Health Care professionals towards organ donation. Indian J of Urology Mar 2000. Manjula Datta, 2000:Commentary on ‘ Trimethoprim –sulfamethoxazole decreased morbidity and mortality in HIV- 1 infected patients with Tuberclosis ACP Journal Club vol 132 (2) ; pp 45.
60. Newman S, Sarin P, Kumarasamy N, Edwin Amalraj R, Madhivana P , Flanigan T et al. Marriage, Monogamy, and IV: a profile of HIV-infected women in South India. Int J of STD & AIDS 2000, Vol 11(4):250-253
61. Kalpana.S,Manjula Datta, Stigma in tuberculosis, International journal of sociology, 2002.
62. Kalpana S and Manjula Datta, HIV positivity among multidrug resistant tuberculosis patient, Abstract Ref No-13048, International AIDS conference /FOCIS 2004, Bangkok Thailand, 11-16 July 2004.
63. Kalpana S. Kumarasamy V, Prabha C and Manjula Datta, TH1 CYTOKINE PATTERNS IN BCG VACCINATED AND NON-VACCINATED CHILDREN, Abstract No 1020, 36th International Union World Conference on Lung Health, to be held in Paris, France, 18-22 October 2005
64. Kalpana S. Kumarasamy V, Prabha C and Manjula Datta, “INTERFERONGAMMA AND TNF-a LEVEL IN BCG VACCINATED AND NONVACCINATED CHILDREN ” abstract no.129, the International Conference on tuberculosis and Lung Diseases on 1-4 July 2008 at the ICC, Durban
65. Jasmine S Sundar,T Uma,S Parameswari, S Sekar, N Kabilan, Mayilvahanan Natarajan “A rare combination of disease presentation of HIV positive person, attending Government Hospital, Chennai – a case report” BMC Infectious Disease 2012, 12(Suppl 1):P37
66. Jasmine S Sundar, S.Joseph Maria Adaikalam, S.Parameswari, S.Valarmathi.S, S.Kalpana, D. Shantharam “Prevalence and determinants of hypertension among urban school children in the age group of 13- 17 years in, Chennai, Tamilnadu”- IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences (IOSR-JDMS)e-ISSN: 2279-0853, p-ISSN: 2279-0861. Volume 8, Issue 3 (Jul.- Aug. 2013), PP 14-20
67. R.Priyadarshini, Jasmine S Sundar Valarmathi. S, Kalpana. S, Parameswari Srijayanth – “ Impact of media on the physical health of urban school children of age group 11-17yrs in Chennai - A cross sectional study” IOSR Journal Of Humanities And Social Science (IOSR-JHSS) Volume 9, Issue 5 (Mar. - Apr. 2013), PP 30-35
68. S. Kalpana, Jasmine S. Sundar, S. Parameswari, P. Kuganantham, Jerard Maria Selvam, Ms. S. Valarmathi, Manjula Datta “ Isolation and Identification of Group A Streptococcal Infection Among Slum Children in the Age Group of 5-15 Years in Chennai - One Year Prospective Study - IOSR Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences (IOSRJPBS) ISSN : 2278-3008 Volume 2, Issue 1 (July-August 2012), PP 27-30
69. Premalatha T*, Valarmathi S, Parameswari Srijayanth, Jasmine S Sundar and Kalpana S “Prevalence of Anemia and its Associated Factors among adolescent School Girls in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, INDIA”-Epidemiology open access-August 27 2012
70. Dr.R.Rajeswari, Dr. Binayakdeb burman, Dr. Jasmine S Sundar, Dr. K. Ramya “Trends in birth weight and the prevalence of low birth weight in a tertiary care hospital,Chennai” - IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences (IOSR- JDMS) Volume -14,Issue -8-August 15
71. School water Hygiene and Sanitation –A Review Article presented in Global Public Health Conference in SRM University
72. Prevalence and determinants of hypertension among urban school children in the age group of 13- 17 years in, Chennai, Tamilnadu-56th annual conference by Indian Public health association cochin feb 10-12,2012-Oral Presentation
73. A rare combination of disease presentation of HIV positive person, attending Government Hospital, Chennai – a case report. International Science symposium on HIV and Infectious disease YRG care January 20-22 2012-poster Presentation
74. Adherence level of Antiretroviral treatment (ART) and Antiretroviral prophylaxis among HIV positive women in Prevention of Parent To Child Transmission (PPTCT) centres,Chennai- 5th National conference of Aids Society of India 23-25 November2012,Bangalore -oral Presentation
75. “Demographic and Clinical Profile of Pediatric HIV positive children in Tuberculosis Unit, Chennai”- The 11th International congress on AIDS in Asia and the Pacific 18-23 November 2013, Bangkok-Poster presentation